My name is Garrett O’Hara. I’m a husband, father of daughters, military veteran, former worship leader, union laborer, and Dallas Theological Seminary student pursuing a Master of Theology in New Testament studies. I served seven years in the U.S. Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer prior to entering seminary full-time in 2014. You can find my professional history with more depth on LinkedIn.
I am currently pursuing ministry internship opportunities in DFW area. If you offer internships and I haven’t scared you off, please contact me. 🙂
Rapid-fire theological labels
Labels have limitations, but they are helpful.
- Protestant. I hold to the five solas.
- Calvinist. I hold to total depravity, unconditional election, limited (particular) atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints.
- Credobaptist. Water baptism is for believers.
- Cessationist. The sign gifts of the Holy Spirit are ceased.
- Premillennial and futurist. The next eschatological event is the rapture.
- “Leaky” dispensationalist. God’s promises to Israel are literal and not yet fulfilled, but I don’t invest any hardship towards determining the number of dispensations.
- Creation in six literal days.
- Sufficiency of scripture. A right view of sufficiency denies the need for such common practices even among ostensible cessationists like “vision casting.”
- “Lordship” salvation. Repentance is a necessary component of saving. The truly justified will have an increasing pattern of sanctification in this life.
Entities not represented
This blog does not represent the opinion of anyone but me. Entities not represented here include but are not limited to Dallas Theological Seminary, the U.S. Government, the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Stanley, vision casting, non-lordship salvation, and that Rick Warren stained glass at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.